Monday, November 5, 2007

Leaves and Petals

Ok. So I believe it is time to write to my dear blog once again - addressed in third person as always.

The last time I wrote was in mid-June, so it has been about four and a half months since then. In mid-June, I was in Bangladesh enjoying one of the best summers of my life. It was a challenging year of McGill from August 2006 to May 2007, and it was absolutely awesome to be back home with my family and friends. It's pointless to go on about how I loved to be in the company of my family again - that is obvious. The four months went by sooner than I ever wanted it to. It was long enough however, to build few of the dearest memories in my life. At the risk of sounding overly dramatic, it was a life-changing experience.. Not in the way where I came back from death or something of that sort. It was just as if someone pressed F5 on my emotions for a quick refresh.

That much needed summer break is now a memory alright, but it lives on in my heart every single day. Sounds cliched, I know. But two months in to university again, amidst all the stress, the pressure, the hectic life, I find my solace in my memories. They hurt, they mend, they inspire.

I remember writing last year how amazingly fast university life is. It seems even faster this time. I have just 3 more weeks till finals, and then I am done with my 3rd semester at McGill. That's 1.5 years out of 4. So close to the halfway mark already. It seems only yesterday that I landed in Montreal again, moved in to my own apartment, bought all the textbooks and started to get settled here.. And at the same time, it seems like ages since I have seen my family, hugged them or kissed them. Time is a cunning foe. It's either too fast or too slow to be happy about it.

And now for the meaningless cryptic words that make my blogs just mine.
In the dark night skies, the stars shine..but I once read (and mentioned in one of my blogs) that you often don't see a star if you look directly at it. I forgot what the explanation was. But it happens that you can see some stars only when you are looking away. You see them from the corner of your eye. Sometimes, you just don't have to stare at the star to appreciate its beauty..You just know...and keep it subtle. Imagine a plant in a forest. Watching the sun and the moon shine day and night. Heh. i would imagine the plant to want all the light to shine only upon itself. I mean..they are green anyways. But anyways..I suppose..for a big tree...it really shouldn't matter if there's just weed growing around..A big tree has the sun and moon as its friend. Knows that it's closer to the light than anything else lying around.

Leaves shed, petals fall, branches are cut. But the roots stay strong and the plant lives through the cold winter. The sun and the moon shine on too...perhaps the clouds in the sky make the silly earthly beings wonder about the whereabouts of the mighty stellar bodies..but there really isn't a need for worry..unless someone is in dire need of wood..
 
To get back to sanity..or the insanity of McGill rather, I have two midterms this week. Another the week after. And this is also the second set of midterms..So yeah. It's not funny how crazy the schedules are, how crazy the demands from the courses are. But it's to be done. Soon..all this will be over. Soon, I will look back and say..oh those crazy not-retarded-at-all times. Right now, if I had a time machine, I would prolly not go around looking for tutenkhamun's real face..or look for Fry in the year 3000. I would just live my summer months over and over again. Or maybe just move ahead 3/4 years and live from there.

Oh well..time to get back to work now. Should be updating this over winter if all is well...or not well.. who knows. Take care and good bye!

No comments: