Thursday, July 2, 2009

Hopefully a revival..

SO. It has been another few ages since I have actually posted something on this blog.

I was planning to start blogging again when I was on my New York trip this past winter break (December 2008). Had so much fun in that city and such a wonderful experience that I was perhaps overwhelmed (ok fine..I was actually being lazy about having to write up about it all). I composed a draft message in my gmail with short snippets of text which reminds me of the tiny little details of the trip and I still have it saved as a draft. Maybe one day I will elaborate on that and write about my NYC experience.

Anyway...what else has happened since the last time..let's see...
Well there has been a break up near the end of last year.. And an okay academic year overall - that's 3 years of university done with! One more to go!
I have started to take up photography as a more involved hobby. I take 2-1000 pictures every day (chase jarvis reference if anyone gets it). Well it's more like 30 pictures on average actually. Most of them are random and just test shots - so they don't count I suppose. I had to purchase a 1.5 TB seagate hard drive to store all my pictures, music, and videos.

Currently I am spending my first ever summer here in Montreal. Over the past 2 summers I was in Dhaka, Bangladesh. While being away from home and family for longer than ever is quite a challenge, I am trying to overcome the missing-home feelings with the Montreal Summer activities. I bought a bike around late March and I have been biking around the neighbourhood since. When I say neighbourhood I mean more than just around my block of course. Since the beginning of June, me and a couple of friends have been going on longer trips on Saturdays. When I mean longer..I mean REALLY longer. Our average Saturday trip clocks up about 80 kilometers of biking over about 6 hours of biking. It's pretty intense I tell you!

So what else is up at my end...hmmm.....well there's photography for sure (www.flickr.com/tmab2003).
3665659689_bf8aa5dd39.jpg

I kind of want to go on a road trip soon...I miss driving and that's pretty much my biggest reason for wanting to go on a road trip. I have been watching Top Gear's seasons and greatly enjoying this show that I was a big fan of in the old times! You gotta love British television.

Alright..I have work tomorrow and need to sleep..so will end here for now. Hopefully there will be more updates in the following weeks!


No comments: